Terms & Conditions:
International House Cape Town offers you limited, non-transferable right to access, use and display of the content on www.ihcapetown.com . The materials of this site are provided to you only for your private, non-commercial use.
By purchasing a package on www.ihcapetown.com , you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions set out below.
Use of the service
You are only entitled to access and use www.ihcapetown.com for lawful purposes. You will be granted access to and use of www.ihcapetown.com for a limited, predetermined, period of time, based on the package you purchased.
Access period per package:
- Single lesson – 2 weeks
- Package of 5 lessons – 3 weeks
- Package of 10 lessons – 5 weeks
- Package of 20 lessons – 10 weeks
Your classes are offered based on a credit basis, within the given time frame stated above. Your lessons are teacher-led and face to face according to the package of your choice (private or group lessons).
Unless a package subscription extension is pre-arranged, your access to the site will be terminated after the above period.
The package and lessons you purchased on www.ihcapetown.com and the service connected to this site, is not transferable by you to any other person or entity, unless a prior agreement has been made between yourself and International House Cape Town.
International House Cape Town may at our discretion, end your subscription to our platform, for any reason we deem valid, should we find your conduct on our platform unauthorised or unlawful.
Fees & payments
Once you have decided on the suitable package for your needs, you will be required to purchase the package on our website. International House Cape Town guarantees that all credit card transactions you make on www.ihcapetown.com is secure.
Once the payment has been submitted, you will receive a Welcome email which contains instructions for setting up your first lesson. You are responsible for scheduling your first lesson with your teacher at a time suitable to both teacher and student.
You can check the status of your account by logging onto www.ihcapetown.com and selecting “My Account”.
Refunds, cancelled & rescheduled lessons:
- Your teacher will be available on the agreed day and time of your lessons, it is your responsibility to ensure you are on time and ready for your lessons. If a lesson is missed due to your absence, the lesson will be forfeited.
- The teacher will wait for a maximum of 10 minutes from the starting time of the lessons. If you have not made contact after 10 minutes, the lesson will be deemed cancelled by you. The lesson will be forfeited.
- In the case where a class or part thereof could not be completed, due to weather conditions or technical problems due to the fault of the tutor or International House Cape Town, the lesson will be rescheduled at a time suitable to both the student and teacher.
- If the student fails to excuse himself from a lesson, change the lesson time or inform the teacher of his/her absence, the lesson will be forfeited. Lesson cancellations must take place at least 24 hours prior to the start of the lessons, in writing. The teacher can, however, at their discretion, decide to accept a cancellation closer to the time, this rescheduling must be communicated to International House Cape Town for approval.
- Lessons will take place on the agreed upon platform, Zoom or Skype. Students are responsible for creating an environment conducive to receiving online lessons. The student is responsible for their own internet connection, the quality thereof and any technical issues which might occur on their side.
- If a course is cancelled after the course has begun, regardless of whether or not the student is/was present, there is no refund.
- In an emergency situation, if a student asks for a refund and is unable to continue his/her lessons, International House Cape Town may request proof thereof and consider a full or partial refund. It remains at the discretion of International House Cape Town whether to:
- Accept or dismiss the proof provided
- Demand alternative proof if it is believed that proof is insufficient or lacking
- Refund the full amount
- Refund a partial amount only
- Give no refund at all
- Please note that any discount offered will be forfeited when calculating the amount ‘spent’ o your account…
Behaviour during online lessons:
- Respect and treat others fairly, regardless of their race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability
- Demonstrate honesty and integrity
- Provide and be an example of good conduct that you wish others to follow
- Respect a young person’s right to personal privacy
- Recognise that special caution is required in moments when you are discussing sensitive issues
- Challenge unacceptable behaviour and report all allegations / suspicions of abuse
- International House Cape Town will not tolerate inappropriate behaviour and will respond to any form of bullying or harassment during your lesson.
- Bullying can be described as offensive, intimidating, malicious or insulting behaviour, an abuse or misuse of power intended to undermine, humiliate, denigrate, or injure.
Harassment occurs when a person is continually troubled and annoyed by someone else. It may be related to age, sex, race, disability, religion, sexual orientation, nationality, or any personal characteristic of the person.
Intellectual Property Rights
All materials of Lingoda, including content, text, images, software, audio and video files, documentation, Email English and the Site remain at all time the sole property of Lingoda or its suppliers. Such aforementioned materials are protected under international copyright, trademark and other intellectual property laws. You may not post, distribute, sublicense, translate or reproduce in any way any copyrighted materials, trademarks or other proprietary information without the prior express written consent of Lingoda.
- Access and Interference
You agree that you will not:
- Use any robot, spider, scraper, deep link or other similar automated data gathering or extraction tools, program, algorithm or methodology to access, acquire, copy or monitor Lingoda.com or any portion of Lingoda.com, without Lingoda’s express written consent, which may be withheld in Lingoda’s sole discretion;
- Use or attempt to use any engine, software, tool, agent, or other device or mechanism (including without limitation browsers, spiders, robots, avatars or intelligent agents) to navigate or search Lingoda.com, other than the search engines and search agents available through the Service and other than generally available third-party web browsers (such as Microsoft Explorer);
- Post or transmit any file which contains viruses, worms, Trojan horses or any other contaminating or destructive features, or that otherwise interfere with the proper working of Lingoda.com or the Service;
- Attempt to decipher, decompile, disassemble, or reverse-engineer any of the software comprising or in any way making up a part of Lingoda.com or the Service. Please be aware that your carrier’s normal rates and fees, such as text messaging fees, will apply when accessing Lingoda.com with your portable devices.
Learn English no matter where you are.
By choosing International House Cape Town, you will be opening yourself up to an amazing English learning experience!